Thread: No Taste
View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2008, 03:14 PM
Sambooka Jr.

Default Re: No Taste

yes, I had this problem when I first started out .. I know you said 6 years! but this could be something to consider .. you may be using tooo much heat!

try packing the bowl to 1/8" below the level of the rim of the bowl (lightly sprinkle it in and gently tap it down VERY GENTLY you want it to be loose, but 1/8" below the rim of the bowl loose.
Make sure the stem is in 1/2" of cold water.
Use one sheet of heavy duty reynolds wrap.
and use less coal!
Throw on a windcover (even if you are indoors) and the less coal will actually provide a nice heat around the entire bowl using the windcover.

The problem that may be happening is that you are getting to much heat and burning the tobacco.

You may just have lost your taste for tobacco that would suck! Hopefully it is not that .. we will help you figure it out!
__________________ - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon .. powered by Elites!