View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Sambooka Jr.

Default Re: What does it all mean!? Hookah, Shisha, Maassel, Tobamel, Narghile?

I just remembered something when a woman I work with walked by me as I was grabbing my lunch. I speak with her on occasion about my passion for hookah.

She is about 80 years old and is VERY much from India. When I first got into hookah, I asked her about it with excitement! She knew EXACTLY what I was talking about! Now when you think about that, she is not main stream. She told me about hookah and remembered how she use to set it up for her dad when she was a little girl. She also said people in India called it a hubbly bubbly.

I forgot to mention this conversation I have had with an old-timer from India, proving my point that Americans and India referring to it as a "hookah". Just another name ... I am not saying it is the ONLY name, I am saying it is ONE OF MANY!
__________________ - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon .. powered by Elites!