View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2008, 04:27 AM
Hookah Aficionado
Send a message via ICQ to PCServe Send a message via MSN to PCServe Send a message via Skype™ to PCServe
Default Re: the Legal age of 18

Originally Posted by III_3_TDS_3_III View Post
why is the age 18 to begin with im guessing some will say because when they are an adult they can choose to make a choice of bad health, but then its ok to give them a license at the age of 16?
well, here in germany we were allowed to smoke with the age of 16 until 2007. they changed the laws up to 18. I dont know why, but it is not a big deal. you can buy everything, if you are younger. i also never had a problem, ordering tobacco from the USA. no one asked for a copy of the passport or identity card, like they sometimes do it here.

another question: why cant you drink alcohol before your 21 birthday
guess thats more pointless. alcohol is less harmful, than tobacco. i can buy beer, wine and stuff like that since im 16 and vodka, whiskey and other "hard" liquids since i am 18.

i think its just a problem of our modern world
e.g. in eastern europe, you can buy everything with, lets say, 8 years, it depends on the tip, you give to the vendor. (i didnt want to say eastern europe isnt modern, but law there is much different and you can do nearly everything there)