View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Hookah Newbie
Send a message via AIM to cghtnthndrtw
Default Re: Cops have my hookah

Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
Mayhaps if your primary concern is your eligibility for the forces you may want to make sure you are the perfect citizen. Being one of the members of the armed forces means you must be willing to give your life to defend the people living in this country, the freedoms and liberties of those people and the goverment that provides us with the life we lead.

By the way a good number of those cops you hate are probably former soldiers. That is a career path chosen by many of the vets I know. They are mostly good people who fight the same fight a soldier often does but on a local playing field. They defend our way of life from those that may wish to harm us or take away our freedom. They deserve as much respect as we can provide them. They are part of our armed forces as well and lead a dangerous and stressful lifestyle.
Sorry bro, but that just doesn't fly. Cops are not a part of our armed forces. The fact that this line is being further blurred as time rolls on is fairly disturbing to be frank. Police have absolutely no business owning automatic/assault weapons as is often common fair nowadays. Local PD forces are virtually unaccountable to the degree that our military personnel are. You seriously trust these people to look after your safety and rights? I for one am completely uncomfortable with this idea. They are the ones infringing on your freedoms. And it takes little 'cause' for these armed, unaccountable forces to take your life. Police brutality has only risen over the years as this confrontational and legalistic mindset has become more popular.

As for those who are bashing this guy, regardless of your personal 'convictions' what do you think gives you the right to make a moral judgment call on anyone who smokes before they are 18? Because the law says so? Laws are constantly rewritten, the fact that you disregard a law because you don't agree with does not make it morally wrong unless you can provide an argument against a particular action/viewpoint via religious or philosophical means.