View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend
Default Re: Nakhla Light Apple

Originally Posted by The Egyptian View Post
Are you sure it is authentic? Pics?

Yes it is. Nakhla DA in glass jars is wetter and more flavorful than cartons. Remember, Nakhla was my absolute exclusive smoke for 9 years. Never tried tin cans but heard they are same as jars. By double I mean double its price here. Nakhla sells here for 60 cents and Nakhla jars sell for $1.2. I guess the high markup in the US/Europe for Nakhla is due to export duties in Egypt, import duties in the other country, shipping, local distributor's margin ....etc, and hence I guess the jar - if it exists - would not be double the price in the US/Europe. I guess it would be one or two dollars higher and that is it.
Thanks for showing me why I like HP so much. This is the sort of thing I want to know but can't find out anywhere else. I suppose i'll have to shell out for the higher prices of jared Nahkla.

As to price I that in large measure it's based on what the local market can bare and of course, excise taxes/tarrifs. Clearly Egypt has a much lower per capita income then the U.S. (although not for long it seems) so the distributors/vendors charge what they think they can get away with.