View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Sambooka Jr.

Default Re: Not quite sure what I did wrong...

Originally Posted by Chuyuri View Post
I guess it's possible there was a leak. The suction on my hand was pretty weak-- the hookah was delivered fully assembled so I'm not sure if anything was loose besides the hoses and the stem/bowl (I made absolutely sure those were air tight). I might just disassemble it and do it again myself since it probably did get jostled around when it was delivered.

Yes, I did watch your video =D It was the easiest one to follow along with. Most of the other tutorials I found just confused me, because they were giving instructions as if they were talking to seasoned smokers and not a beginner such as myself XD
Glad the video helped ya

OK, I would be willing to bet that you may not have a ball in the relief valve. and that is where your leak is.

Do you have a MYA hookah? if so, tap your relief valve when you are smoking. The ball may not be seated properly?

An upgrade you can do, if you find that you don't have a ball in your relief valve. Get a plastic BB. If you can't get a plastic BB. roll up a piece of aluminum foil REALLY TIGHT and a perfect little ball. That will work too.

When you suck on the hose, there should be a lot of suction! as in no leaks!

Please let us know!? .. Cheers!
__________________ - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon .. powered by Elites!