View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Hookah Nut
Default Re: hey everybody- need some advice with a hookah

Here's my view on things, some others may make speculations but here i go anyways :P

The top notch most popular hookahs on the market, as others have said, are KM/MZ/Nour. What you're looking for is the type of metal it is made out of, i don't know exactly what KM and MZs are made out of but a lot of Syrian Nours are made from brass, which i've heard can be a little extra work to keep clean but they are really beautiful looking pipes and i'd imagine totally worth the extra care. Secondly what you may want to look for is a wider stem gauge, the wider the stem the easier the drag will be when you take a puff from the hookah, but i've never noticed a big difference there, because you can always get a wider hose which more or less follows the same concept, such as a Razan or Nammor hose. And third, of course you want something that you find aesthetically pleasing!

There's all sorts of reviews on bowls, shisha, etc. in the review section of HP so you can go there and take a look around at others detailed reviews to find out which one you'd see to suit your needs.