View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2008, 09:41 PM
broken_eko's Avatar
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 147
Default Re: Exotica's Like Cracker Jacks never know what the prize inside is!!!

Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
I beleive that some form of gelatin is used as a bonding agent to hold things together, and because gelatin is an organic matter, it would certainly allowfor the growth of mold.
[FONT=Century Gothic]
I'm no expert, but I think the heat used to light the coals would destroy any mold in them. Thy need moisture to live and produce their spores and such. A good 3-5 minutes (or however long it takes to light Exoticas) should be more than enough heat to kill them.

According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC) mold needs a good amount of moisture to survive. (Where are molds found[/FONT][FONT=Century Gothic])

The CDC also says that the spores can survive conditions that mold can't so your best bet, if you really do think it's mold, is to throw it away. There's nothing for the spores to stick to outside of the organic matter they grew from (What are molds[/FONT])

[FONT=Century Gothic]Better safe than hospitalized! [/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic]
Reply With Quote