Thread: Not too happy!
View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Hookah Pro
Default Not too happy!

A couple of months ago, I ordered the Mya Blue Column from Just for reference, the Column is identical to the Gyro in the reiview section, the only difference being the base which is like a pyramid shape instead of a tear drop shape like the Gyro. Anyhow, I purchased it, and when it arrived, it was missing the carrying case. Now, on the site itself in the description area, it indicates that this specific hookah comes with it's own carrying case. Key word here is CASE, I'll explain later.

So, since it was missing the carrying case, I called them up and told them that it was missing and they told me that they were really sorry and that they would send it out to me ASAP free of charge. So at this point I'm bummed out that I'm going to have to carry this hookah around in this huge shipping box full of peanut packaging. But I'm a very patient person so I thought to myself "what the hell right? It'll be here in a few days so I shouldn't get upset." About a week later I recieve the package. When I opened it I was shocked to find a cheap and completely useless hookah bag. At this point I'm like, "what the hell is this crap".

So I call hookah-shisha again and tell them that I got this cheap hookah bag instead of the case that was promised. And they told me "oh, the thing is that your Mya Column is too tall to fit in a hard carrying case, so we can only provide you with a bag". I hung up and at this point I'm pissed, because I know for a FACT that there is a carrying case that does fit my hookah. It's only 29 inches tall. So time goes by and as I research on low and behold I find several other hookahs that are not only taller than mine, but also have the same base as mine, and ALL of them come with a carrying case. So I realized that there had to be a carrying case that I could purchase for it. (for examples go to the carrying case section at and you'll see a bunch of hookahs that are taller than 29 inches and come with the case).

So I call Mya Saray and I tell them the situation. And to my surprise they told me that what happens is that many of these online vendors piece the Mya hookahs together themselves. And they only order specific parts from them directly instead of everything that comes with it. So obviously hookah-shisha didn't purchase the carrying case it's supposed to come with, and instead they just fed me some bullshit story that it's too tall to fit in one. At this point I'm pissed off becasue not only did I not get what I was expecting, but now I had also been lied to.

So now, I just finished having to spend an additional $37.00 for the carrying case that should have come with my hookah. I'm so pissed right now it's not even funny. You'd think that after you pay $200.00 for a hookah, that it would actually come complete with everything it's supposed to. Specially when the description area of this specific hookah on their site says that it comes with a carrying case. They should edit that and put HOOKAH BAG! NOT CASE, but BAG! The word bag indicates something of a soft fabric type of costruction. The word CASE indicates something rectangular in shape with a hard exterior.

And I wouldn't be so pissed if the hookah bag they sent me was actually functional. But that's the problem, it's COMPLETELY USELESS!!! It's as wide as a large gym bag, and it has no straps inside to hold the hookah down. The only two straps in there are velcro and VERY WEAK and CHEAP! I could intstantly tell how the hookah would be flying around everywhere inside the bag and inevitably breaking. There was absolutely no way this bag could actually protect the hookah for transport. And thats the thing, 99.9% of the time, I'm smoking outdoors where I need to carry it someplace. I can't smoke at home (because parents don't know). I wasn't going to risk breaking the $200.00 hookah I just bought, just because it came with this poorly made hookah bag.

So ever since I've been carrying around in it's own shipping box with peanut packaging and all. Needless to say, I finally got fed up with having to lug around this huge box, so now I just finished purchasing the case that should've come with it in the first place. I'm posting this to warn anyone who's planning on purchasing an expensive Mya through hookah-shisha. I'm not bashing them or anything, I think they have amazing products with great customer service. Hookah-shisha is a great vendor with a wide variety of hookahs and hookah products at good prices. However the description of what comes with your purchase may be misleading, so I urge you to call them personally and ask if it comes with a carrying case or bag. I don't want anyone else to have to go through this trouble because of the misleading description, so I'm posting this as an informative warning.

(end of rant...I'm gonna go smoke a bowl)