View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2009, 01:30 PM
Deleted Per User Request
Default Re: No Flavor :[ What am I doing wrong?

[FONT=Verdana]I have the same problem. But if you taste nothing at all not even a dirty hookah or that the tobacco is burning I would say the problem is with you. You may have burnt most of your taste buds or you could have a sinus problem (I suggest a sinus rinse before/after you smoke) and are not able to smell the smoke as you inhale. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]I can never really get the full flavour; it is always very faint I get more of an idea of what flavour it is. I have been smoking for about 6 years and I never had this problem when I first started to smoke, this all happened to me about a year or two ago. Here are a few things these guys told me to do and it did help a bit.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Vortex Bowl[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]2 coals (I like coco nara)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]1 sheet of HD foil [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Make sure to pack the bowl loosely so air can get in there, and never pack it high enough where the tobacco is just going to burn. Just under the rim is normally good enough. On a vortex I like to pack to just a bit under the middle stem and I have never had a problem with burning while using it. When I smoke I make sure to ash the coals every 5 - 10 minutes and to rotate them around the bowl always keeping them to the outside rim.[/FONT]