View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Hookah Newbie
Unhappy New hookah, i need help...

I'm new to the forum as well as the art of smoking hookah.

I went to a few hookah bars around my campus with some of my friends and found it rather relaxing, but I quickly got tired of paying the high prices of the bars, so I wanted to do it my self. This guy out side one of the dorms was smoking a Mya QT with some pomegranet shisha, and it was amazing so thick and smoth and light, I loved it. So thats what got me started. I did some research and saw that a KM was probably the best hookah to get, but I wanted to start out small before i dropped that much cash ( im going to buy my self a KM for my b-day.....maybe), so i got one of those cheap little 10" pumpkin hookahs for $20. So i lit up my hookah it was decent but wasnt great, nothing like at the bars or that guys QT, so i started reading and trying new things but i keep getting this really harsh smoke or ashy tasting smoke, and it really sucks.

Heres my stuff right now:

-"10 pumpkin hookah w/ standard fake leather hose and small bowl
-vortex bowl
-some random QL's that came w/ my hookah
-some Akhla QL's
-Hookah Hookah Mango 50g
-Soex Mix berry 50g (didnt taste that bad, but not much flavor, came free)
-metal screen ( I dont use it, I use Harris teeter heavduty foil)
-a Joker Hose (was on clearence for $3 at Sahra smoke)

So I guess do you have any suggestions to get a decent session out of my rig. I have a feeling if i bought better stuff it would help, but right now id rather not if at all possible......

any help would be great....