View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2009, 01:40 AM
Hookah Newbie
Default Re: Hookahs To Use in a Bar?

Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
I will speak from experience... Mya Saray produces a great hookah, and in my opinion, a great hookah for a lounge because of the replacement parts, cleanability, and overall performance. I use Mya's because careless people come into my lounge, stand up with the hose in their mouth and pull the thing off the table... my base broke... so intead of me having to buy a whole new hand made hookah, I buy the replacement base because it fits 100%. I can take my mya's completely apart and wash, sanitize, and rinse them. Hookah lounges around me do not take the steps to wash their handmades for some reason. I also use 100% washable hoses that are cleaned and sanitized after every use. People say they have a problem with purging the mya... Mya's purge enough where if you do get harsh smoke... blow, move ur coals, blow again and its fixed. Lump coal is alright, exoticas (which I use) is better. Lump coal generally refers to lump lemon wood... I have about 200 pounds of lemon wood... it burns hot but then if your not smoking the thing will go out... I like exotica or the natural rolled fingers. I would never, ever buy a generic egyptian hookah because you will never get your money out of it. For home use hand made are great. But when you have a hookah that might get smoked out of 5-8 times a day you need great quality... I am not saying that KM, etc isnt great quality its just KM is a home use item for me... Hell we all would love to own a Rolls Royce but damn us if we need a part. This comment is not directed at you Fezzik. I mean no anger or anything. I am defending Mya from a lounge owners point of view. No offence.
Are the myas too short to put on the floor? I was thinking of getting syrians for when I open my lounge.