View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2009, 05:43 PM
Deleted Per User Request
Default Re: Layout/Atmosphere for Hookah Bar?

Originally Posted by KarmaHookah View Post
That is awesome, but how would I watch the closed off rooms? I just worry about some kid bringing in something illegal or alcohol and getting me fined or shut down!

I think I am going to need a larger space, I want to have at least 2-3 pool tables.
First off, the Private room thats circular is usually something reserved for people you know or repeat customers. one lounge I go to a lot has one and Its cool, they never have to worry about the people in there.

The other lounge has its door off the kitchen if you look, like a double swinging door, just toss some windows in the door or dont even have a door to the kitchen and you can watch both the front of the store and the side while people are working on food / hookahs.

As a rule of thumb, you need to ID check at the door, most stores that sell tobacco dont allow minors specifically for the reason of keeping alcohol in check and illegal stuff out. The place I mentioned earlier gives out medical arm bracelets like you'd have in a hospital to people over 21 so they can drink. No bracelet, no drink, and since they snap-lock you cant share them without cutting it.
If you want pool tables, thats your call, but putting parlor games and the like in your lounge is going to bring in a more riff-raff crowd thats likely to cause problems and damage property. Its not the case with everyone, but more often than not your pool tables will bring you trouble.

Last edited by HookahWaffle; February 1st, 2009 at 05:47 PM.