Old November 8th, 2007, 02:57 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Re: HOBOHOOKAH vs. the WITCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by speel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner
The Witch is fine as trash can filler but good for not much else. I've tried the Hobo thing and frankly I don't see the point of the concept and I think in practice it's got some draw backs. I'd rather use a real narghile but if you like the concept, don't miss having a purge valve, don't mind falling ash a short stem and put up with a less then stable base and a hotter then average smoke the hobo is for you. No doubt it is far better then the witch but neither suits me.
Lol hajo i love you man,

the concept of turning any glass bottle into a vase is pretty neat.. atleast i think so. The hobo is cool but ah man these guys kill it with the price and no blow valve. but hey i love my egyptian.
You can tell Iím a big fan of non-traditional rigs. Still I do have to give the hobo some credit in that it is easy to clean and draws better then any mini rig ( which is not saying much) and it is rugged. Of course I am not the target market so you've got to take what I say with a pinch of salt. Still, you simply can't get around the fact that a short stem like the hobo will give you a lot more CO and heat then a full sized rig. Making a foil ashery and taping in place is a hassle and looks like crap.

I don't see the big deal about portability in that plenty of case and bags are out on the market which will protect a narghile for any trip other then air. When I travel by air I gorget about my narghiles and just smoke cigars or pipes. As to cleaning I admit that the hobo is the easiest rig to clean Iíve seen but given that a through cleaning takes me 15 minutes itís not something Iím to concerned with.