View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2007, 02:57 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend
Default Re: HOBOHOOKAH vs. the WITCH

Originally Posted by speel
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner
The Witch is fine as trash can filler but good for not much else. I've tried the Hobo thing and frankly I don't see the point of the concept and I think in practice it's got some draw backs. I'd rather use a real narghile but if you like the concept, don't miss having a purge valve, don't mind falling ash a short stem and put up with a less then stable base and a hotter then average smoke the hobo is for you. No doubt it is far better then the witch but neither suits me.
Lol hajo i love you man,

the concept of turning any glass bottle into a vase is pretty neat.. atleast i think so. The hobo is cool but ah man these guys kill it with the price and no blow valve. but hey i love my egyptian.
You can tell Iím a big fan of non-traditional rigs. Still I do have to give the hobo some credit in that it is easy to clean and draws better then any mini rig ( which is not saying much) and it is rugged. Of course I am not the target market so you've got to take what I say with a pinch of salt. Still, you simply can't get around the fact that a short stem like the hobo will give you a lot more CO and heat then a full sized rig. Making a foil ashery and taping in place is a hassle and looks like crap.

I don't see the big deal about portability in that plenty of case and bags are out on the market which will protect a narghile for any trip other then air. When I travel by air I gorget about my narghiles and just smoke cigars or pipes. As to cleaning I admit that the hobo is the easiest rig to clean Iíve seen but given that a through cleaning takes me 15 minutes itís not something Iím to concerned with.