View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2009, 03:26 PM
Hookah Newbie
Default Re: Why I love Tangiers

[FONT=Verdana]My turn, and yes just my opinion not fact or gospel on Noir Tangiers.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]I keep seeing, "itís over rated". I don't really get this. It seems more like a love hate thing. It appears it's close to split on this thread. The reviews section will probably show this too. To me this doesn't equal over rated. I suppose if you hated it and couldnít fathom how others might possible enjoy it, you might say it was over rated but statistically itís not. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Itís defiantly a unique product. Tangiers is one of a kind and I donít know of anything out there like it. So I totally understand why the views are polarized on this. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Personally I enjoy it. I wouldnít say itís the best thing ever, but when Iím in the mood itís a good change and a solid product. Iíve had just ok smokes and great smokes from it. Iíve never had a BBQ taste. However, I have had a robust spicy tobacco flavor in just about every bowl and sometimes itís stronger depending on my setup and heat management. I wonder if thatís what people taste when they say, ďBBQ flavorĒ?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]On the flip side, there are a ridiculous amount of topics on how to smoke it. Come on people itís just tobacco! Itís not some sort of Zen state you have reach. I donít get people saying you are smoking wrong if you donít like it. If you have followed the directions on the pack and you still donít like it, itís just not your cup of tea. Leave it alone and move on! It really isnít too hard or different than anything else out there. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Luckily I live in CO where the humidity hardly changes. But if I did live in a location where the humidity was volatile Iíd probably never smoke the stuff. It would be too much hassle and just not worth it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]I suppose in the end, Noir Tangiers is just a robust unwashed full flavored tobacco with flavoring added (I know more goes into it). Thatís what they were going for and thatís what they got. Like most unique different things there are going to be people on both sides. I can defiantly understand why some people out there hate it. Itís not for everyone and I have friends I would never recommend it to or have them try it because I know they wouldnít like it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Itís like thisÖ Some people like a weak light beer some like a robust dark, but if you are like me you can enjoy everything across the board for what it is (Brewing is another one of my passion). That doesnít mean crap or flavors I donít like arenít out there, because they are. However I donít feel Tangiers as a whole fits into the crap category. I personally give them props for doing something different and having a unique product that I can enjoy.[/FONT]