View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Hookah Pro
Default Re: yes im another newb but somewhat a serious question for yall

Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner
Again, bad Egyptian rigs exist but a $50 KM will last longer and perform better then any Mya judging from what everyone I've ever spoken to one the subject has said.
Somehow, I can't see a $50 KM lasting longer and perfroming better than my Mya. And I don't go by the "he said, she said crap". Those are just opinions most of the time anyways, not actual experience. And like I said, from my experience, I've come to realize that even well made Egyptians and Syrians just don't compare to my Mya. Now mind you, I'm not talking about the short cheap $30 to $60 Mya's. I'm talking about their taller more expensive pieces. I personally own a 29 inch Mya. I have a friend that owns a 13 inch Mya Diva. His doesn't compare to mine in flavor or smoke thickness. I could see how many more people would've bought the shorter offerings from Mya instead of the taller offerings simply because they wouldn't spend $200+ on a taller Mya. So in this case, it's obvious that those peoples opinions won't be valid or completely true, simply because they're comparing the smallest Mya against a 30 inch Syrian. I can admit, that the small Mya's (ie. acrylic, diva, etc.) don't smoke all that well. But you have to be fair and compare the tall hookahs against their same height competiton. And in this sense, My 29 inch Mya is so far the best hookah I've ever smoked out of. The difference in a small Mya versus a taller more expensive Mya, is larger than most people think.

But w/e to each his own...I just noticed that we went WAY off topic here! lol, so we can leave the Mya versus Egyptian discussion for another day. I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunies for future discussion. Anyway, nice talking with ya. Happy Smoking...