View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Mad Alchemist

Default Re: anyone else use hot water in the vase

Originally Posted by Lu1gi View Post
thats not good logic at all... air and liquids/solids do not go or belong in the same place.. so when you inhale hot water vapors... you are in-turn inhaling water... which leads to
pneumonia. Everyone is acting like the idea of inhaling water is so abstract... IF your water is hot enough you will directly inhale steam... stop being so nieve.

You may want to realize that all of the visible component in smoke of any kind is water vapor. Also a good amount of the "air" you are currently breathing is made up of water vapor. Clouds? Water vapor. Mist and fog? Same thing. In haling water vapor is not deadly. Inhaling very warm water vapor while in a very cold place could put you at risk for pneumonia. But it is not a guarantee. that I agree with though you went about stating that in a baseless way.

That link is talking about inhaling water in large amounts and in a liquid form. The lowest amount they reference as being distinctly dangerous is the amount that will fit in a teacup. this has nothing to do with smoking hookah or inhaling water vapor.

I am really confused as to what you mean with "ir and liquids/solids do not go or belong in the same place." please explain further. The different phases of matter interact literally all the time.

To inhale steam the water would need to be beyond the boiling point. Anyone that is foolish enough to put boiling water in their base deserves the scalding damage their lungs are about to experience. Also to keep it at the level of boiling you would need to place your base on a heater of some kind... please refer to my statement regarding boiling water in the base for my opinion on this.