View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Hookah Pro
Send a message via AIM to speel
Default Re: Is our hobby going to vannish?

Originally Posted by hobohookah
It will never die, as long as tobacco remains legal. It may loose some steam, but I don't think its nearly peaked yet.

There are a couple innovation that have happened to make hookahs more convienent. One of which, a convienent tobacco package, hasn't been released yet, but a couple companies (including Hobocans) is looking into it. I think this, paired with improved, easier to use hookah pipes, will force hookah into a more mainstream culture.

One of the shops I talk to in NYC, has recently removed all of their other "tobacco" pipes for exclusively hookahs. This seems to be the trend, and I think it wil be for at least the next couple of years. Hookahs may then peak, but not before there is a substantial enthusiast culture established (much like cigars: the fad faded, but it is still a multi-billion dollar industry).
Hey which shop was that? and location ( i live in nyc and shops are rare to find)

But yea Hookah is here to stay..sadly so is the connotation of it being affiliated with drugs will be to. But its a great hobby and it has found its niche
[ Twitter ] -
[ Facebook ] -
[ Blog ] -