Thread: Blending Tombac
View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Hookah Master
Default Re: Blending Tombac

Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
If you smoke it as is and plunk the coals right on top of the moassel I think you'll find that it's harsh and very unpleasant. I know some people do it that way but in my travels it is my experience that such a method is far less common then something closer to what I described. The no foil, direct heat method is better used with straight tombac. If you doubt me try both ways and then get back to me. I've gotten to know enough people and tried stuff in differing degrees of freshness to learn a little about his sort of thing.
o no i will not try the coals right on the moassel, sounds like a bad idea, i just have rehydrated it as per the site you posted and pack it in my mod bowl like normal shisha and use 3 CH coals and get fine results. i think you took my reply being in reference to something other than i intended, i just meant that the site you linked made it seem like black styles were very hard to get smoking and i didnt find that... but again i may be missing a lot of flavor or something