View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2009, 12:14 AM
Hookah Nut
Default Interested in importing hookahs

Ok i did the math and if the Egyptian is up for it we can all band together and get some sweet looking hookah's sent over frm Egypt. I called around and the shipping is between 300-500 and it's a weight more than volume so if we get enough people together we can all get a rare Km for the same price of the normal run of the day hookah's that are for sale in the states. I figure if we get enough people to buy 10 pipes we can get the price of shipping to around 60-70 a pipe including me shipping it to you in the united states. This is just for the pipes if you want glass you can order it off another website since it's just extra space that will up our shipping costs by quite a bit. If I get enough interest and the Egyptian is ok with doing this I say let's do it up. I will add an extra $5 per pipe we order to give to him as a thanks for your time kinda thing. If enough people are interested i will look into this more and finalize the prices and such. Please post if you are down and hopefully we will all have some 40 inch tri metals.

-- I went and weighed my 38 exotica and it came to around 1kilo so I will need to stop this at around 12 - 13 stems so we can account for packing materials, hoses and other metal densities (exotica is pretty light).

OK did some quick math since and since I was reading through here and saw that some clearly didn't read all of what I had typed I will try and make it larger and easier to understand.

shipping from Egypt to Kansas is 500 for 30k if we have 10 pipes that will make shipping to me in Kansas 50 per pipe not per person per pipe

500/10 = 50 shipping to Kansas

I then need to ship it from Kansas to your house for this I will need a box and just shipping charges. I will estimate this at around 20 a stem as well.

50+20 = 70 shipping to your front door with Egypt costs factored in.

then you need to add in the price of the hookah stem and hose this price I can't tell you what it would be but let's say 50 at most because egyptian got his 40incher with everything for around 40.

70+50= 120 extreamley high guess for stem prices.

Since the egyptian will be spending gas and his own personal time making the long walk with 10+ stems I as a human think he should be treated to a new hookah or whatever he wants with a small "handaling" charge of around $5 per stem.

120+5= 125 for a stem that you can't get in the states and would cost over 400 to ship alone. Yes you need to get glass and such but to me it's worth it for a sexy hookah that we don't see much of in the states.

If we get more than 10 people then the shipping charge will change according if you order multiple stems then your Kansas to your front door charge would be different since it's only one box and such we can talk about that on a one on one basis.

Last edited by fatony612; March 3rd, 2009 at 02:58 PM.