Hookah Enthusiast
Default Re: First time Hookah Buyer needs help

Originally Posted by kaastang View Post

After a lot of discussion and calls.. i've narrowed down my choices

33" hookah with this base (11" vase)
$80 (not counting the 15% off)

30" hookah with 12" vase (undecorated)
$100 (15% off OR free hookah

The Sahara Smoke ones come with a free vortex bowl and the normal freebies (i get to upgrade my hookahhookah tobaccos to hookah freaks) and although the hose isn't a Nammor its just as thick so pull wise it'll be good.
The H-S comes with normal freebies. (and the free hookah is pretty portable though - but i don't really need it) But I won't be able to get as much tobacco and coals. the only major difference is the diffuser and the phunnel requires too much tobacco for me to be okay with it. My sessions don't need to last that long and if they do I would need more coals.

So I'm leaning towards the Sahara Smoke build. I might order some tobacco and a diffuser from H-S with my extra cash (maybe some fumari haha)

does this sound good?!

p.s how many akhla charcoals would I need for 100g of Hookah Freak?
well, if you pack 15-20g per bowl, thats 2 coals a bowl soooo around 10, maybe more coals

With the saharah hookah, make sure not to get the discounted stem, I mean i made the vase sound bad earlier, but you can fix a vase, however, a bad stem makes a bad hookah, so dont skimp on it. But be extremely careful with Akhla Quicklights, they tend to explode if you drop them too hard in the tray, or if you grip them to tightly, then it sends hundreds of burining coals onto your carpet and it makes it look like its cheetah print