View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Hookah Newbie
Send a message via AIM to zephyr39
Default Re: Alcohol in the base?

Originally Posted by jdeuel3868 View Post
Ah time to get all biology nerd again...

I have done this and I had a breathalyzer to test the results. I smoked a bowl with like half vodka in the base. It was harsh but yes you get drunk (as far as buzz enhancer I guess getting drunk is one). Immediately after smoking you get the feeling you are drunk, the thing is it wears off very quickly. After hitting it for a little bit I had a BAC according to the breath test of about .06 and then later about .11 and felt pretty intoxicated. Here is the weird part though after not smoking for like 10 minutes I had a BAC of .00 this all makes sense if you know how your body metabolizes alcohol. To get intoxicated you must first saturate the enzyme responsible for breaking down ethanol. Ussually you drink and after a few drinks this occurs and you get wasty faced. When you inhale it though the alcohol goes directly into your blood and effects the brain before the enzyme has had time to break down much ethanol. So then after a few minutes of the ethanol swiming around in your blood and the enzyme acting on it you have no alcohol in your system anymore. Tada! your sober again. So sorry this was lengthy hope it helped somewhat.
sounds like a weekend science experiment