View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Hookah Master
Default Re: i need some help in making a hookah purchase

Since in the past year I have purchased piles of shisha, tons of coals and accessories, many different hookahs (KMs, nour, generic Egyptian, chinese, indian, etc) and much more here is what I have found to be my PERSONAL preference for hookah set up; top to bottom.

Hookah = one of my taller KMs (32" and 40"); the short (22") ones are just not the same.

Coals = coconut coals, be it CCN or CH coals.

Bowl = Vortex; I own a bunch of vortexes a bunch of phunnels, a phunnel mod, vortex wins it for me--I have a comparison video on youtube of the different bowls you can check out if you want.

Hose = razan for sure. I like the fabric/detachable tips on the razan better than the grand hose. Razan/nammor are the same hose in different colors.

Shisha = nakhla, once u learn to smoke it, you get great clouds, great flavors. The starbuzz flavors i like (i.e the less chemically ones) are passion fruit mojito, white peach, irish cream, x on the beach. Citrus mist and Blue mist were too chemically for my tastes.

The other crucial thing as mentioned previously; a windcover. It helps A LOT; you can use less coal and manage heat better when coals are dying down, it also helps you get your bowl started faster. Once you learn how to use one, you won't be able to smoke without one.