View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger
Default Re: Help from AZ (need lounge owners inputs)

First of all, you say you are next to a college campus, and your menu mentions nothing of alcohol....

College kids love drinking, you may be against that, but i feel a lot of business on a friday night would be lost to that. if you are against this in your establishment, consider a BYOB policy potentially

As for food, is there any food served being the restaurant is closed at the moment?
edit: that is to say any snacks at least?

With all respect, it is lacking from what I see from the pictures in your video... You have a lot of pale colors, very 80's suburban and honestly if you want to make money, you need to get more color, instead of using color as an accent, try painting the walls in bold colors, then you can use the plainer colors as accents....also if the walls arent textured, you may consider that to add a rustic look.

You can consider potentially some "arab" seating if you will, pillows on the ground sort of deal. there is a hookah lounge in atlanta that uses this method in half the establishment and there is a longer wait for this adds to the ambience..but remember, plain colors wont do it, you need to provide many colors and arabesque geometrical designs all over this potential section to get the desired effect.

As for the tables, they looked plain as well, consider doing decoupage to decorate the tables, honestly anything to make them look less plain, cloth is obviously a dangerous thing with coals around and clumsy customers, however consider glass on top of cloth too....ive even seen broken CD bits covering a table in decoupage style....

Do you mass e-mail the college? do you have a good customer that you can trust to advertise via email for you for a discount at your place? I used to get invites to random clubs and restaurants and hell even a hookahbar that was an hour drive away on my private college email account.

What music do you play?

Consider having a special night for a specific flavor you don't offer all the time....consider offering new flavors from other brands and advertise that you are carrying other varieties for a specific night via your college connection.

ill post more as more comes to mind

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner

Last edited by photolinger; April 13th, 2009 at 03:33 PM.