View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2009, 03:17 AM
Hookah Pro
Default Re: Hookah While driving

Originally Posted by HookahHog89 View Post
That's because its their jobs, no one likes to be harassed. There is a difference between being unfairly treated and just complaining because you broke the law.

Recently I was in my friends car smoking hookah when a cop came up to our car, smoke flows out and he asks us what we are doing. I tell him were smoking hookah and we are all of age (18+), one of my friends has a DWI and because of it the officer used his ability to search the entire car which took about 30-45 minutes, afterward the bowl was pretty much out and I had wasted tobacco and coals for nothing thanks to him feeling like being an asshole. Police Officers provide a necessary good for society, but there are several who let the power go to their heads and give police a bad name.

I'm not going to go into the pensions and how the job isn't even risky in comparison to many other professions but whatever.
-1 the cop, while us hookah smokers may not like it, was pretty well within his right to be suspicious given the circumstance. it sucks, a lot, but if i were a cop i would aboslutely search a car like you described. A cop beating someone up, taking a taser to someone who isnt dangerous -yeah, that happens and yeah, ive got an issue with it but i am more than happy to pay for a cop to search a car like yours.