Thread: Group Sponsor?!
View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2007, 05:09 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend
Default Re: Group Sponsor?!

This sponsor thing sounds interesting. I am part of a narghile society that tries to promote our passion. Basically, a kind old gentleman gave the founders a small cottage in his will and we hold weekly meetings which consist of either taste tests of various kinds of tobamel, mu'essel, tumbāk and jurāk, historical lectures or planning local efforts against the anti-tobacco lobby. On any given day 5-20 are smoking or fixing up the place and making food to share with club members or to give to anti-hunger drives.

In theory we have 177 members but in practical terms I think the number more like 90 of which about 40 or so are very active. To the best of my knowledge, only two members (myself included) spend time on line while the rest seem to busy or active disinterested in things like forums.

When I think of sponsoring narghile events for our club it basically comes down to giving talks and sample smoking sessions at community centers, colleges and libraries. What the hookah life guys are talking about sounds like a good idea as well.