View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Mad Alchemist

Default Re: KM Hammer Tongs....

Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
well idk maybe its because my degree is nothing but hands on (metal working and glass blowing) or because i always tinker/modify/adjust almost anything i buy but i dont see bending tongs a bit to be any of a reason that they are bad, every pair of tongs i have seen needed to be bent some how when it came and every pair of tongs after use needs to be rebent any way. frankly if people see that as work then i dont understand how they have the patience to even pack a hookah

Apparently you missed the point of my post. Some people don't like doing extra work. They don't care that it is minor. That being said the best pair of tongs I had required no modification. I don't like mya tongs because I have other pairs that worked better out of the box than mya tongs do modified. My complaint is why put out a product of any kind that requires extra time and even minor effort to make it usable? You call the users lazy. What about the company that thinks making tongs just mean punching them out of sheet metal and bending them in half?

And don't dare to call me lazy. I work harder and do more in regards to fabrication and handmade projects in the course of a day than most do in a month. I make my own mead, wine, beer, clothes, costumes, props, masks knives and everything else I can learn how to make witht he limited work space i have.