View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Mad Alchemist

Default Re: KM Hammer Tongs....

Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
honestly i dont get how its something that would turn some one off. and what im trying to say is that if they think slightly forming the tongs which takes all of 15 seconds while you are waiting for your coals to light is to much work than they probably think packing a bowl is too much work. the mya tongs i didnt really see any problems with before i bent them i just did it so it ha more surface contact so i wouldnt have to worry about any issues.

as to a company being lazy, they would either need a new tool/machine to bend them that way to mass produce them or pay some one to sit there and do it, why would they do that when most people dont have an issue with the product. thats capitalism at its best, not making a product as best as they can, making a product as cheaply and quickly as allows to keep it acceptable to the customer.

Now I am confused. Are you saying that you have no issue with the idea of a product that is incomplete upon purchase or are you saying you dislike the idea of a company putting out such a product? At this point you have said both.

Second note. If you are happy having to modify your tools so they work like they are supposed to that's fine. But don't insult people for expecting a product to work the way it should and then calling them lazy because they don't want to spend the effort rather than just grab another set of tongs.