View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2009, 07:15 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Default Re: Check the new sticky...comment here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoek View Post
also, which way to the bathroom?
for those that get the urge to go sit down you might be allergic/sensitive to night shades (its a large grouping of plants that tobacco falls under, along with peppers, egg plants, and a lot of other random stuff)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj Two A View Post
When you mention steel as a Build component of hookah you might mention, or maybe in the nationalities/brand section that it rusts if not properly maintained, Even if it is properly maintained(family used to own/run a metal fabrication shop so I know what im doing) depending on how poor the metal is you will still have corrosion. Especially in those cheap no name chinese hookahs. >_<

I just figure you want something on this in here so that when some fool comes posting, "I followed your recommendation and now the hookah I bought is rusting out!!" you can point at that and go, "we tried to tell you :/"
o lord dont get me started on chinese "stainless steel", there is truly a lot of shit metal coming from there now, i mean my parents have had the set of utensils that are stainless for a good 20+ years and it is fine where as all the ones that we bought in the last 8 years rusted/pitted in a few months... makes me just want to make all my forks knives and spoons

while i love steel im not to sure if it is a great component for a hookah unless you have true stainless that can hold up a lot better, brass is probably one of the best choices though since it just patinas, even aluminum is good and you can anodize it to be all purdy, honestly i want to se more modern hookahs made from anodized aluminum
-matt