View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2009, 11:59 PM
Hookah Newbie
Default The Best Advice I've Heard Thus Far.

I've just recently started becoming a hookah enthusiast and I think it is a relaxing thing to do if you're studyin or somethin like that. Just wanted to share some of my knowledge for the best smoke possible.

1. Most important tip u could find on the net...Pack lightly by sprinkling and leave at least 3/5 inch space from shisha to foil so that the pull is easier and the shisha doesn't burn, the way you know that you overpack the bowl is if when ur session is done, there is black burnt shisha stuck to the foil.

2. Add ice cubes to the base, this is prime for any good smoke, it also protects ur lungs from scorching hot smoke.

3. Clean the pipe and the hose (if it is washable). The taste will be unbelievable during any session if u clean the pipe with lemon juice and the washable hose with water.

4. Stick with cheap, brand name shisha, fruity flavors.. The only shisha u should buy is al fakher, nakhla and on certain occasions starbuzz. Fruity flavors carry the most flavor while artifical flavors get dull after a while (with the exception of sb blue mist).

5. If you add milk, add 1 or 2 shots AT MOST. If you add more, the milk will bubble into the hose and cause mold to form...

6. If you're with a chick or a group at that, introduce them to shotgunning by asking "Hey i just learned how to shotgun, u wanna learn?" Proceed to insert your tongue in them while transferring the smoke from your mouth to theirs. If they are familiar with shotgunning, ask them to teach you...You will love this, guaranteed.

7. Leave the coals on the far edges of the bowl for heat management purposes, this will allow the hookah to smoke longer.

8. Don't smoke hookah everyday or every week. It is enjoyable and refreshing once in awhile, otherwise it's just unhealthy.

9. If you're up to it, try new stuff. Try adding stuff to the shisha (apple bits, molasses, honey) and to the vase. the most enjoyable smoke i've had was with beer, apple, ice, and sprite in the base with al fakher lemon...

10. A nice addition for a party is to add 3/4 parts vodka and 1/4 part water, 1 shot of milk to the base. Effective in keeping you euphoric and up for the majority of the night.

PS: #4...I haven't tried tangiers but i have a feeling it is too strong for me