Re: The Best Advice I've Heard Thus Far.
1. Most important tip u could find on the net...Pack lightly by sprinkling and leave at least 3/5 inch space from shisha to foil so that the pull is easier and the shisha doesn't burn, the way you know that you overpack the bowl is if when ur session is done, there is black burnt shisha stuck to the foil.
Yeah I dont even know how much space I said to leave in my vid on this but the idea is space.
2. Add ice cubes to the base, this is prime for any good smoke, it also protects ur lungs from scorching hot smoke.
Eh, I use cool water. If you really like the cold smoke then get an Icetray hookah too. I get less flavor with water thats too cold and honestly its less pleasant.
3. Clean the pipe and the hose (if it is washable). The taste will be unbelievable during any session if u clean the pipe with lemon juice and the washable hose with water.
You should clean your stuff not for this effect, but so it doesnt rust and actually functions 20 uses later.
4. Stick with cheap, brand name shisha, fruity flavors.. The only shisha u should buy is al fakher, nakhla and on certain occasions starbuzz. Fruity flavors carry the most flavor while artifical flavors get dull after a while (with the exception of sb blue mist).
Nakhla is inexpensive, and is one of my favorite brands, however I still buy tangiers lucid which isnt cheap. I also enjoy ayam zaman which is 40bucks a tin.
5. If you add milk, add 1 or 2 shots AT MOST. If you add more, the milk will bubble into the hose and cause mold to form...
if you get anything in a nonwashable hose, it is probably done for. if its washable then no worries. However, milk just doesnt do what they say it does. neither does coconut milk. pure placebo effect.
6. If you're with a chick or a group at that, introduce them to shotgunning by asking "Hey i just learned how to shotgun, u wanna learn?" Proceed to insert your tongue in them while transferring the smoke from your mouth to theirs. If they are familiar with shotgunning, ask them to teach you...You will love this, guaranteed.
works if both parties are drunk and under the conditions sambooka mentioned. i still do this with my wife lol.
7. Leave the coals on the far edges of the bowl for heat management purposes, this will allow the hookah to smoke longer.
People overlook this one A LOT.
8. Don't smoke hookah everyday or every week. It is enjoyable and refreshing once in awhile, otherwise it's just unhealthy.
This is sort of a hookah enthusiast forum...this wont fly with people here.
9. If you're up to it, try new stuff. Try adding stuff to the shisha (apple bits, molasses, honey) and to the vase. the most enjoyable smoke i've had was with beer, apple, ice, and sprite in the base with al fakher lemon...
I agree its fun, only once in a while for me though. Just dont want to do the extra work.
10. A nice addition for a party is to add 3/4 parts vodka and 1/4 part water, 1 shot of milk to the base. Effective in keeping you euphoric and up for the majority of the night.
I feel confident in saying my lungs have been damaged by the amount of alcoholic smoke they have consumed. Its great thing to do freshman year of college...but then...eh.
PS: #4...I haven't tried tangiers but i have a feeling it is too strong for me
I do not enjoy tangiers noir for the heat, so i smoke the lucid line for the flavor. if you want a good kick of nicotine try Ayam Zaman, but don't operate machinery afterwards.
"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Last edited by photolinger; April 23rd, 2009 at 02:22 PM.