View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Hookah Newbie
Default Re: The Best Advice I've Heard Thus Far.

Originally Posted by Pixelz View Post
1. Most important tip u could find on the net...Pack lightly by sprinkling and leave at least 3/5 inch space from shisha to foil so that the pull is easier and the shisha doesn't burn, the way you know that you overpack the bowl is if when ur session is done, there is black burnt shisha stuck to the foil.
You don't need a 3/5 inch gap, just make sure none is touching.

2. Add ice cubes to the base, this is prime for any good smoke, it also protects ur lungs from scorching hot smoke.
Ice doesn't stop harshness, no matter how much ice is in your base if you burn your shisha it's still going to be harsh. Also even with warm water in the base, if your cooking your tobacco right, it'll NEVER be scorching hot.

4. Stick with cheap, brand name shisha, fruity flavors.. The only shisha u should buy is al fakher, nakhla and on certain occasions starbuzz. Fruity flavors carry the most flavor while artifical flavors get dull after a while (with the exception of sb blue mist).
You haven't smoked much have you?

5. If you add milk, add 1 or 2 shots AT MOST. If you add more, the milk will bubble into the hose and cause mold to form...
It's why you get a washable hose, plus when using milk or soda you should always use washable hoses, as well as cleaning everything immediately.

6. If you're with a chick or a group at that, introduce them to shotgunning by asking "Hey i just learned how to shotgun, u wanna learn?" Proceed to insert your tongue in them while transferring the smoke from your mouth to theirs. If they are familiar with shotgunning, ask them to teach you...You will love this, guaranteed.
WERE THE HELL DID YOU HEAR THIS FROM! THAT IS NOT HOW YOU SHOTGUN! Don't do anyone....ever........seriously.....don' it.

7. Leave the coals on the far edges of the bowl for heat management purposes, this will allow the hookah to smoke longer.
Not only that but it helps with heat managment.

8. Don't smoke hookah everyday or every week. It is enjoyable and refreshing once in awhile, otherwise it's just unhealthy.
It's unhealthy no matter how often you smoke.

10. A nice addition for a party is to add 3/4 parts vodka and 1/4 part water, 1 shot of milk to the base. Effective in keeping you euphoric and up for the majority of the night.
Because everyones goal in smoking hookah is being euphoric huh?

PS: #4...I haven't tried tangiers but i have a feeling it is too strong for me
it is.
i'm not sure if i'd like to smoke with you...