Thread: It IS addicting
View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2009, 03:48 AM
Hookah Pro
Send a message via Yahoo to CPill
Default Re: It IS addicting

"In medical terminology, an addiction is a state in which the body relies on a substance for normal functioning and may occur along with physical dependence, as in drug addiction. When the drug or substance on which someone is dependent is suddenly removed, it will cause withdrawal, a characteristic set of signs and symptoms." ((from wikipedia)).

I wouldn't really call hookah an ADDICTION, so much as just a habit, because 99.99% of hookah smokers don't NEED it to function. But i would say that many of us smoke hookah habitually. I PERSONALLY have never really experienced it as my daily use varies GREATLY... but i do recognize the habits of my smoking hookah (such as when i'm working on the computer, or when i was living at my parents house and they'd get grumpy so i'd go outside to smoke to relax and calm down).

HOWEVER, when a buddy of mine started getting into smoking hookah often with me, he said that, on days when he wasn't smoking hookah, he had minor cravings for it...

p.s. I really enjoyed Hajo's post... very informative, as always haha. I've never read a post from him that WASN'T enlightening and intellectual lol.