View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Hookah Nut
Default Re: Be kind, rewind!

Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
This man speaks the truth! We have a community of very helpful and friendly people. When someone new shows up and instead of looking around for answers they post a question that's been answered 1,000 times a month it gets old. The Mods here try to keep the attitude positive but sometimes you have to let the mud slingers sling their mud. I don't like negativity toward new members, but we like folks to be able to speak their minds without fear of bans for little or no reason.
Unkle Dunk! I have no problem with people speaking their minds as I do everyday about that crappy stuff called Nakhla, lmao... For real though, when you get exited about getting into a new hobby and find a forum that's rated at the top of the list for that hobby do you search for hours or ask questions about the issue(s) you are having? This forum has been around for over two years now and when most of us first started this hobby we had a million questions and all those answers were all over the internet, but most of us got our answers on here. Yes, I think Mod's need to send a message to these ignorant people... this exact forum had a HUGE problem with people having a bad attitude the last time I frequented it, about 9 months ago I think. We don't want to be in the situation where we are just like that other place on the internet that treats people like crap, do we? With all of this said I hope these same people can change their attitude and if not, YES I hope the do get a ban eventually if it doesn't change, be nice or get out... Simply put.

Originally Posted by phatpride1 View Post
THANK YOU some people understand what were talking about. If you don't want OUR honest opinion then use the search to see other people's threads.

Yes im going to say that hookah's from china suck, and that multi hoses are a pain. But that is my opinion, you don't have to read my post if you don't want to.
That is great input, but it takes 45 seconds more to tell someone why they suck so they actually have knowledge... "Chinese hookahs suck" or "Chinese hookahs aren't very good to own since they use cheap materials and will fail more often than not" That took me maybe 35-45 seconds more of my time. Why bother replying if you don't have the time to give advise?

Originally Posted by FeliFeliWooo View Post
bottom line is its not hard to be nice
if your going to come off rude in anyway just dont post
its easy
someone on here would be happy to post with an honest answer without being rude so just let it go
Exactly what I am trying to get at, there are a lot of nice members on here and eventually the person will get his answer. Just make sure EVERYONE has a good experience on here. Sambookas goal always has been to have an "at home" feel to this site and I felt that way when I joined. If I were to have joined now and asked the questions I did now, I would more than likely curse a few people and leave. Honesty is great, but you wouldn't walk up to your teacher and tell her she is an idiot if she messed up on a quiz question/answer, you would simply point it out in a nice way.