View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2009, 04:40 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Default Re: What do you think of this Hookah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal2000H View Post
Well the different metal. I'm not really good at determining what material something is made of.

Also, the shape. But what prevents a Chinese manufacturer from giving it an Egyptian look?

One of the things it said about Egyptian is the good purge (which is why i referenced it)
My first Egyptian has a terrible purge and my KM has an "ok" purge about as good as my solid brass Syrian. It varies drastically from rig to rig and no particular style will guarantee a good or bad purge. You will hear about KMs that purge in a half breath and some that take a lot more than that. There is no set rule. Hell I have smoked form chinese rigs that had great purges and I smoked from a couple MZs that had purges to put my KM to shame.

Purge is only truly necessary if you burn the tobacco or if the coal flavor presents it's self. I rarely ever purge any of my rigs nowadays.

The major difference is the manufacturing process. that is why I keep sayig to read the sticky that is designed to answer exactly this kind of question. Have you done that yet?