View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2009, 12:19 PM
Hookah Master
Default Re: Flavor Predicament

Originally Posted by reality- View Post
its not nonsence that wider hoses give mroe smoke / less flavour while smaller gives more flavour less smoke..
it's just a opinion shared by many others here as we have discussed in different threads.. Some agree some dont agree but pls dont call this nonsence..

Matt: "some tobaccos are this way, SB is, most others not so much but there are some..."
I feel that both nakhla and AF is this way as well.. Less heat will not work them up proberly.. Like Af will get this ticekling feeling in the throat and taste bad if its not getting full effect of heat and nakhla doesnt have the tickeling feeling but it wont perform well if not given enough heat...

this is all my opinion based on lots and lots of smoking for several years but no its not facts written in black and white so some agree some disagree ... Its alright
i think that low heat does take it longer for the tobacco to start going and get the correct taste, once it heats up less heat can still give you good flavor with less smoke but the flavor is just lighter. but AF for sure when lighting up will taste soapy until it gets going, SB does too, some of the SB flavors handle the heat each way better but blue mist sure has a small window of allowance. i dont notice it much with nakhla, but i also have been heating my bowls up fast the last few months (coals on not hanging off with a wind cover to get it hot in 4-5 mins then move them to hang off in another place and it keeps it the right temps)