View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2009, 07:51 PM
Hookah Master
Default Re: How harmful is smoking hookah?

Originally Posted by Dakins View Post
I'm so tired of the government passing anti-smoking and anti-tobacco laws to punish smokers, when it's a personal choice to make. Sure, it's unhealthy. But the best things in life are unhealthy.

I don't want to live to see myself become incontinent and amnesiac. I'd settle for a shorter life if I could live it fully and enjoy every minute of it. You could die tomorrow in a car crash before you know what hit you.

We don't smoke hookah because it's unhealthy, we do it because we enjoy it. Screw the Soccer Moms Congregation or whatever took over our governments and turned them into moralistic purists. While some are busy worrying about what's right and what's wrong, I just flip them the finger and go on doing what I enjoy.

Happy smoking, HP
i dont have an issue with segregating us in public or not allowing it with in certain distances of entrances, schools, or other public places that a person cannot avoid because while it is a choice i dont want to make my fellow man uncomfortable because of my pleasures. however i think making it impossible for people to smoke in a public establishment is crazy, there have been smoking and non smoking sections for years and i know the non smoking sections dont get noticeable amounts of smoke in them.

i do think that if they are going to tax tobacco then they need to EVENLY tax tobacco, alcohol, and all other luxury items (soda, candy, junk food, nice clothing, nice cars, big houses, etc), hell even evenly tax tobacco. how the hell does it make sense to tax RYO 23 bucks a pound and hookah tobacco 4 bucks a kilo and packs of cigs like 60 cents, either X per package or X per weight, same with all the other luxury items too