View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Hookah Newbie
Location: Cincinnati, OH, in the summer, Springfield, OH, during the school term
Angry Wierd Problem with Havanna Phunnel Bowl

I just recieved my new 33" KM from yesterday and I ordered a Havanna phunnel bowl from them. I have never used a phunnel bowl before, but from the research I did online prior to recieving the shipping I was under the impression that you don't poke holes in the middle. I poked three rings of holes around the outer edge and packed AF golden sour apple equal to the height of the center hole. I also was using a diffuser and the nammor hose that came with my KM, along with three coconara's.
The problem was that it sounded like there was an air leak with the bowl, we could hear air coming out and though it was the rubber, so we switched out the rubber in lieu of the better paper towl seal, but it still sounded like there was an air leak and it was really hard to take a hit. Eventually we gave up and transferred the shisha to a medium egyptian clay bowl and the smoke was perfect and gave us monster clouds.
So can anyone tell me what I did wrong, I really want to use this phunnel bowl, but after last night I'm very annoyed.