Thread: Herbal Shishas
View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Hookah Nut
Default Re: Herbal Shishas

Wow, I'm reading a lot of justifications here. But I'm not going to fool myself into thinking that either type of shisha is healthier.

For one thing, it's not strictly bagasse dust they put in herbal shisha. A better world for it would really be sugarcane fiber, the pulp that's left after the sugar is extracted. There's agave and beet bagasse too. Bagasse just means the pulp that's left over after extraction from products used to make sugar.

Just because breathing sugarcane bagasse dust is harmful doesn't mean that smoking it will cause the same problems. And the dust that's in those factories, can you imagine?! There are health risks in breathing sawdust and concrete dust too, some are quite serious.

Like breathing smoke, *******ally breathing massive amounts of dust from anything just isn't healthy.

Dust particles and smoke are not the same thing. And if sugarcane bagasse were so harmful, you wouldn't be able to walk into the grocery store and buy a stick of whole sugarcane to chew on or to cut up and use in your own food prep. I've been sorely tempted to buy some and see what I'd have to do to pulverize it into something I could transform into shisha.