View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Hookah Master
Default Re: Flavored Charcoal?

Originally Posted by Fidelis Mortuus View Post
oh and about the new paintball shtuff that wasted money... the new apex barrel revolutionized gameplay, and the flatline barrel as point is that you gotta take risks when trying new stuff and if its worth while you will find out better than being a sideline critic.. i applaud innovation even though most people adhere to the old chinese proverb " a nail that sticks out gets hammered"
well, idk about the apex doing much for the sport, maybe the flat line, but the apexes were more of a head ache when i reffed cause you have to make sure people chronoed the right. and frankly ive never gotten hit by someone using an apex to curve around to get me, but i know ive probably shot a few people while they were fumbling with one . the best barrel i found that was one of the niche barrels was the hammer head rifle barrel but it was still nothing big, only when you break paint the balls curve/drop the same way every time but when it comes down to it no barrel matches my single piece dye AL barrel that was before they made boomsticks or ULs still shoots the best, tried and true. i actually used a lot of "new" things (sound activated hoppers, ricochet hopper, CF barrels, stealth pods [which have since gone away afaik, we only got half of our promised sponsorship out of them too bastards], jumped on the vents masks, etc) the issue is that many people jump on products because they are new and try them only because they are new yet have no reason to believe they are good/safe/reliable/cost effective. i learn really quick to really vet the products and see real life usage of them and to avoid certain companies. same idea as why now i am avoiding herbal shisha made form sugar cane until i see proof it is no worse for me than tobacco... plus i think it tastes weird

as to the chemicals the only thing that is somethings fake is the flavors in the tobacco (which is steamed/fumed off as apposed to burned off like in the charcoal) and the rest of the stuff is pretty safe, you can and do eat all of the components of shisha (spare tobacco for the majority of the population), yet a lot of the stuff they add to cigs you wouldnt even want to handle with out gloves at bare minimum