View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2009, 06:43 AM
Fidelis Mortuus
Default Re: Smoking at university?

Originally Posted by Coldgr33ntea View Post
Yes, they are required to do maintenance in the rooms to make sure everything is working, like the heater, fire alarms, electrical plumbing ect. During this time, the RA's of our hall walk around and look for anything suspicious in the rooms. Also, In our dorms, it doesnt say no smoking, but it says no tobacco use, which prohibits all types of tobacco. And im not gonna smoke herbal shisha...bleh...But the main thing about hookahs is the whole coal aspect of it. It can do a lot of damage to floors, it can start fires ect. They dont have hookahs listed specifically as prohibited, but its pretty easy to imply it.

The only way I could see myself using one on campus is in my car, or 30ft outside of a building, which would be risky, but its the best thing i could do to let campus police know about hookahs.

No. All of our campus fire alarms are wired to a security system. In a house, only battery powered alarms are necessary because it would be easy to pinpoint where the fire is. In a huge campus, firefighters and the on campus staff would have no idea. When a fire alarm goes off, it goes to some switchboard that notifies which room it is, and they contact the fire dept. This is what I am worried about, if the fire alarm goes off, then im screwed. And the fire dept is there to welcome me and my hookah.
are they really gonna know the diff between herbal shisha and reg shisha? take out your bag of shisha and put it in can that says herbal shisha..problem solved.