View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Hookah Master
Default Re: what do you think of this?

Originally Posted by fuz1987
hey ppl... i'm new to this forum although i've been smoking shisha for about 4 years lol.... i bought my own shisha a few months back but i NEVER seem to be able to get the same amount of smoke or flavor at all.... a friend of mine told me that its because my hookah isn't an egyptian one and that the design is all wrong and that's why its not the same as how it was at the hookah lounges, etc.

i'm pretty sure i'm making it right because i've watched friends make it countless times as well as checked out some youtube videos.

i found the following hookah online and was wondering if anybody on here has one like it and whether they can recommend one to me... apparently there's a brand called "Khalil Mamoon" which is meant to be the best hookah brand available.... i know that it also comes down to the tobacco which is why i'm also planning on ordering some al fakher from the website

here is the link for the hookah pipe:

i deliberately chose one with an ice box because whenever i try mine the smoke becomes harsh and tasteless after a few minutes or so and the ice in the base doesn't ever seem to work properly

can somebody PLEASE help me?!
I'm gonna go with coals. Your coals are most likely your problem, as with all new hookah smokers. You are most likely using terrible Quick Light coals (that you light with a lighter) that taste horrible and are adding coal taste to your shisha or even completely over-powering it.

This coal taste can stick in your hookah, base, hose, and bowl as will the burnt shisha taste as well. if you don't thoroughly clean out your hookah you will get taste from previous smoked flavors.

You don't need an Egyptian style hookah to have good sessions. Tell your friend he is not smart. . Your hookah is fine, and you can get clouds from it. It has a Mya stem and base because H-S changed up alot of their line to include mya parts. you can tell a Mya by it's spherical heart shape (the part where the hoses come out of). if you bought that hookah within 1 month ago, you can get a new replacement base if it is not working properly from H-S free of charge if you talk to them.

Another problem could be your hookah is not sealed completely, in other words it is not air tight. You said there is a problem with the base, so maybe there is an air leak. It is just put together with glue after all.

Myas are very reliable hookahs, but some things can go wrong like with any Rig.

i would prefer that first of all you clean it out completely with Lemon juice or Vinegar and try to blow any crusty crap out of the hose.

Oo, one other idea is that you could be burning the shisha instead if lightly cooking it. If you burn the tobacco then it will taste terrible.