View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2008, 11:22 PM
Hookah Pro
Default Re: My First Hookah Experience = Nightmare

Damn, that sucks dude. But don't worry, we've all been there at least once before. Everyone stumbles at the begining, you'll get better with experience and patience. Patience is one of the most important things when you're in the learning stage of smoking hookah.

In all honesty, I wouldn't blame the crappy session on the coals. I would blame it on the metal screen. I've found that metal screens cause the session to be harsh due to the fact that the holes are way too big. I use Golden Coals for every one of my sessions, and they don't taste bad at all. They actually taste no different than the Exotica natural coals. I've done back to back sessions recently, and have found that there's no noticeable difference between one and the other.

My girlfriend said the same thing. She couldn't notice any difference in taste whatsoever. So I think it's safe to say that Golden Coals are pretty bad ass for a quicklight. For your next session, make sure you have foil and try again with all the advice you've learned here. I'm sure it will be a much better session next time.