View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Hookah Pro
Default Re: Starting a Online Hookah Store?

Yes depending on the size of package, for example, small flat rate, box is 8"x 5" x1.5" in USPS is $4.80 on the internet, you pay more in the post office, that only fits some tobacco or charcoal in small quantities.
Medium flat rate box is,10" x 8" x 5.5" about $10.00. Large flat rate box is 12"x 12" x 5.5" and is approximately $14.00. Then the Envelope style,Flat rate box 11 7/8" x 3 3/8" x 13 5/8" is around 10 dollars.
The thing about these boxes on some of them the height is 5.5" so if you are putting a hookah base in there and it's too wide it won't fit, so get your samples (hookahs) get free boxes at the post office and try it out, also wrap your glass pieces in foam, because every month about one or two breaks, of mine break, they are very rough with them. Order your boxes for free online through USPS, and that is the very basic USPS.

They can also pick up from your place of business but they need 24 hour internet notice, or take them down to post office yourself they will be delivered much sooner. I order my printer shipping labels from eBay they are very economical, and they work.
The other advantage is the fast shipping that comes with Priority flat rate, sometimes two days from California to New York.So charge adequately that you are not loosing your profit in shipping.