View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2009, 08:57 PM
Hookah Enthusiast
Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988
Default Re: Ed Hardy Shisha...Seriously?

Originally Posted by CypherEnigma View Post
I just have an issue because some places market it like its better than the SB that it was rebranded from. My issue isn't because a vendor is carrying it but saying that because of the price tag it is inherently better than the other products that it comes from is just a misleading statement to make.
I don't think its bad tobacco. Its just my cup of tea to begin with and I'm defiantly not going to cough up more money for a dressed up tin. Simply putting a new sticker on it doesn't justify the price difference for me.
I could buy an EH shirt or a shirt from Target. They both serve the same purpose and look different but the price difference is enough to deter me from paying the price.
I also don't think that carrying these products makes a vendor worse. Its just another tobacco. If there were known quality issues(which I have yet to hear about) then I'd be more concerned, but as it stands its just simple capitalism at work.
I'll also agree with this, my annoyance isn't with the vendors who sell it but the people behind the idea. A price thats about 75% higher because of a special tin just doesn't do it. If the price jump wasnt as high and it was labeled "Ed Hardy Shisha by Starbuzz", kind of like what social smoke did and had some limited edition flavors unique to the line I probably wouldn't have been as irked and just brushed it off.