Thread: Brass Egyptians
View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2008, 01:58 AM
Hookah Pro
Default Re: Brass Egyptians

Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner
I've got to suggest that you avoid Caravan Imports in part because they are not well built and while they have a thin bass inner core the construction sucks. Basically, you really will not find any worth while deals on ebay. I wrote big article here all about the dangers of getting narghile stuff there so do the right thing and buy from a decent vendor.

I'm sorry but I've got to disagree with this. My first hookah was a 33 inch from Caravan Imports, and I couldn't have been happier with the choice at that time. I posted a detailed review on it "33 inch Red Isis", and I speak from personal experience when I say that Caravan Imports sells well built and good smoking hookahs. I got mine for $70 shipped and it's been the best bang for the buck hookah I've come across.

Their hookahs are priced extremely fair as well, and their customer service is great. This was my first hookah buying experience which hapenned over three years ago. If I had to go back, I'd do it all over again. I even got a few of my friends to also purchase hookahs from them, and they couldn't be happier. They might not sell the best looking hookahs, but that's expected since they are hand made (as with any Egyptian). It's true what you say about e-bay being the worst place to buy hookah. However, Caravan Imports is the exception.

Derelict: I suggest you go to the following link and check them out
They do sell brass cored Egyptians. Most, if not all of them, are brass cored I believe (at least mine is). The Egyptians they sell are solid durable rigs that will definetly bring you many great sessions. Also if you're interested, check out the review I did for the hookah I had purchased from them. It's under "33 inch Red Isis"