View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend
Default Re: I Got Some Fuzūlī Check It Out! (Pictures)

Originally Posted by reality- View Post
does this moassel taste anything? or is it like one of those without any taste or with the "original" taste.. ?
The only tasteless product on the market is found here:

A common misconception is that tobacco has no flavour comes from cigarettes which use nearly the worst tobacco on the market and since it's burned and packed lose the heat overwhelms what ever flavour the cigarette may have had. The old fashioned black moassels as well as decent cigars (not the crap sold at petrol stations) and pipe tobacco all have tastes that can be subtle or bold and are often complex. Pick up a cigar magazine and read the reviews and you'll see what I mean.

Anyway, to answer your question Fuzūlī is a spiced moassel that uses a lot of very rare and expensive herbs to enhance and compliment the natural tobacco tastes. The tobaccos used are extremely high grade and have a range of tastes that you'd get from just smoking them by themselves in a Western style pipe (you can't do that since it's wet but you get the idea). And those tastes are sweet and earthy like. You can't really compare some tobacco flavours with food/drink since they are unique but Fuzūlī is a mild taste rather then a harsh, aggressive taste you get from low end Turkish tobacco.

Check out the Fuzūlī review I posted to find out what it's like.