View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2009, 04:18 AM
Hookah Nut
Default Oh, She's so Sexay!

My new pretty came today! Behold, my 36" Magdy Zidan (I think it's the Oracle):

Notice how just below the tray it gives off a heavenly aura? I ordered this on Labor Day from Hookah John and I must say, I had no idea just how huge and sturdy that base was until it was in my hands. The only thing missing from the photo is my red Razan hose because it's drying.

So, I cleaned her up and got everything ready so I could have a nice, relaxing smoke tonight whilst watching "Coraline" and I noticed just how big of a noob I am at this. For starters, I really need to get my heat management down pat. I was only using two coals and yet I somehow managed to still burn the shisha. I think the bowl was too full. So, I fixed that.

But something caught my attention as I was smoking - smoke was coming from between the base and the gasket. I also noticed I was having a difficult time drawing from the hose and was producing very little smoke. Upon closer inspection I think I know what the culprit may be:

There is a gap. Now, I have only previously smoked from a crappy little 12" Chinese pumpkin. I have no idea if that gap is part of the MZ design or what the deal is. I tried my darndest to push it further up to lay flush to no avail. I feel like an epic failure here. Any ideas?