View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Hookah Newbie
Default Re: ******* Hookah QL Issues?

Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
You also sound like you know what you are doing, so I'm not gonna say anything involving "are the coals all the way lit" and stuff like that.
that's the thing... I'm pretty experienced and have been preparing hookahs for friends and such for 2+ years, they always love it. but everyone has remarked that these new coals don't last for longer than 10 minutes before becoming practically non-existent in flavor and smoke. they're all clamoring for me to order Golden ql's again, which I have. but I still want to resolve this issue...

it's been pretty disappointing that I can't get them to keep going well after 5-10 minutes; everyone who has smoked with me has noticed it too.

I don't know about video (no web cam), but I'll take some pictures of my session tonight and post them shortly so I can clarify more.

how many coals do you guys usually use for Nakhla, Al Fakher, and Tangiers Lucid? 2-3 starts out perfectly before turning into thin smoke, and attempting to put another coal on makes it remain thin but just harsher. taking one off practically makes the smoke non-existent.

I'm also smoking indoors, so it's odd since it means there are no temperature or wind issues at play.