View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2009, 11:15 PM
brando147
Hookah Nut

Default Re: preparing tombac with a lack of glycerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
Honey should treat you fine. Just be aware that you should not be trying to get big clouds and it will take a long time to heat up to smoking temperature. Also working with straight honey will mean that it will cake into your bowl something fierce.
i noticed this lol... i've already tried it with a bowl when i got a pack of REALLY dry zaghloul, and i had to take really hot water and a heavy-duty scrunge pad to it for about five minutes to get all the caked honey out lol... i was thinking of maybe diluting the honey in the water when i wet the leaves and crossing my fingers that it works well enough to not do this to my bowl again

Quote:
Originally Posted by abzy786 View Post
i have never had DM
this is just an idea but could you get a mixed spice powder and mix it when socking the leaves to add some flavor. like add cinnamon powder to the water while socking it.
i was thinking of maybe crushing up some whole cloves and a few other herbs to give it a kinda complex flavor, and just kinda play around with different flavors until i find something that i really like