View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Hookah Nut
Default Re: preparing tombac with a lack of glycerine

Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
Honey should treat you fine. Just be aware that you should not be trying to get big clouds and it will take a long time to heat up to smoking temperature. Also working with straight honey will mean that it will cake into your bowl something fierce.
i noticed this lol... i've already tried it with a bowl when i got a pack of REALLY dry zaghloul, and i had to take really hot water and a heavy-duty scrunge pad to it for about five minutes to get all the caked honey out lol... i was thinking of maybe diluting the honey in the water when i wet the leaves and crossing my fingers that it works well enough to not do this to my bowl again

Originally Posted by abzy786 View Post
i have never had DM
this is just an idea but could you get a mixed spice powder and mix it when socking the leaves to add some flavor. like add cinnamon powder to the water while socking it.
i was thinking of maybe crushing up some whole cloves and a few other herbs to give it a kinda complex flavor, and just kinda play around with different flavors until i find something that i really like